Love lost

I gasp, choke, fight for air--
you just keep on standing there.
Eyes closed, you cannot see--
what's happening to me.

Trapped upon a sand dune
the tide is rising fast

I cannot see the shoreline
my hope is fading fast.

There's no one I can talk to
Who just might understand,

And no one can assist me
or lend a helping hand.

It seems the more I struggle
The less I feel free--

As if a patch of quicksand,
is slowly eating me.

In your voice each morning
I hear your clear disdain.

Your taunting does not help me
but anger numbs my pain.

The more you push my buttons
The less I feel inside

Behind a fit of anger,
it's easier to hide.

I try to feel happiness
and sometimes I succeed

I want someone to talk to,
a friend is what I need.

I cannot stand your coldness
because I love you so

I think that once you loved me too
but that I do not know.

The more we live together
the more we drift apart.

I have no will left in me
to mend my broken heart.

I think that I'll stop fighting-
I know I cannot win

I cannot make you love me
or see what could have been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy