Nothing

I am but a grain of sand, that washes onto shore.
A pebble in the asteroid belt, that and nothing more.

I am but a single crumb, left upon the plate,
nothing but a strand of hair, whipped around by fate

I am but a single sound, of a single word.
And it's more than likely that I never will be heard.

I am just a needle upon a wintergreen.
Nothing but one stroke of paint, upon a landscape scene.

I am but a puff of smoke, that wafts along the breeze,
Yes nothing but a flake of snow, within the artic freeze.

I am but a drop of rain, within the ocean vast.
Oh I am but a stitch of cloth, upon the white sail mast.

My life is but a blink of light, one moment here, then gone.
I am but a single note, that plays within a song.

Yes I am but a single note, in a symphony,
No nothing but a grain of sand, that washes in from sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy