A Child's Plea

Mommy please tell me why --

Why do you fret? Why do you cry?

Why is there screaming? I want it to stop

Please stop the fighting.

Isn't there something, that you could do?

What will make it better?

I get a little scared when, I begin to hear

you and daddy fighting.

I go into my room, and cover up my ears.

Please don't fight.

Daddy make it better, I know you can.

She won't stay mad forever.

Just don't hurt her, let her go.

I'm really, really scared now.

What is going on? Is this normal?

Is this how parents act?

Does everybody fight?

I fight with my sister, maybe it is.

Mommy please stop crying.

It will be all right.

I just want you to be together

for two minutes

And not fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy