Unconditional

Don't tell me I've potential, or what you want from me

Love should be elemental, cause it should always be.

Don't love that you could mold me into what you want some day

Just in your arms enfold me and tell me it's okay.

Don't love me cause I'm weaker, or cause I need you there.

Some times I may be meeker, and other times I'll dare.

Don't love me if I'm faithful, then hate me if I roam

If you love me truly, I'll always come back home. 

It's not because you love me that you strike me when I stray

You want to be above me, you want to make me stay.

Don't tell me it's your duty, don't treat me like a chore

Don't say you love my beauty, love what is at my core.

How can it be you love me, yet don't know who I am?

In a mold you may shove me, and no matter how you cram

I won't fit the shape and then I'll break the mold.






Comments

  1. Love like that is rare but it does exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is specifically directed at parents, esp the parents of LGBT kids.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy