Alone

Can it be a lie
If everyone but you...
if everyone believes
it's absolutely true?

Am I really crazy?
am I really weird?
Am I really lazy
 Is it as I've feared?

Are the ones that taunt
worse than those who lie?
Pretend to be my friend
and soothe me when I cry?

Is the world evil
or is the world good?
Am I really crazy,
or just misunderstood?

Is there anyone
who truly cares for me?
It's like I'm in a cage.
When will I be free?

I think sometimes the world
is just the way I see it
So there is no escape,
there's no way I can flee it.

This world is so absurd
that surely it's a dream
so soon shall I awake,
from it with a scream?

For the real enemy
is purely in my mind
and that I cannot see
and so I must be blind.

If only I could turn
into a block of stone
never would I feel
so utterly alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy