All I can do

I can kiss the boo-boo,
but I can't heal the scar
I can hug you when you're hurting,
but that won't take away your pain.
If you need a shoulder,
Mine is always here.
And if you need someone to talk to,
I'll always lend my ear.
If I could take your pain away,
I'd bear it in a day,
But even if my kindness,
can soften all the blows
Life will hurt you sometimes
and I can't stop it.

I try hard to protect you,
to keep you safe from harm
to feed you when you're hungry,
keep you sheltered and warm.
And when life gives you sorrow,
I can feel it too.
But I can't feel it for you,
the one thing I can't do.

Sometimes you'll feel a heartache
that's difficult to bear.
And when I see you hurting
it hurts me deep inside.
Let me heal the hurting,
the only way I can.
Maybe I can't understand
what you feel inside,
but let me try to comfort you,
it's all that I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy