Curse

I curse the thoughts I don't invite, which wander to my brain.
I curse those feelings yet again, macabre or mundane.
I curse the dreams I have at night, which make me toss and turn
disturb my rest, mess up my head, and make my loins burn.

I curse the fear that binds me, and treats me like its slave
it lies about so many things, to keep me in its cave.
It tells me who to talk to, and dictates where I go
it tries to keep me ignorant, dispelling what I know.

I curse a world that keeps you down, no matter how you try.
Where most poor people work and work, and only just get by.
It's hard to climb the ladder, if you've got a heavy load;
The path to wealth is difficult, there's a boulder in the road.

I curse the thought of hatred, bred in ignorance and fear
which is passed down to the children, and lives another year.
I curse every single thought of hate, which finds itself in me
if I weren't bound by fear perhaps, I could fight this enemy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional

In memory of Destiny Lester

Tragedy